Kathy Hosty has over 30 years of professional experience in investment and financial services. Her investment experience is in private and public securities, tangible assets, and real estate on the institutional investment side coupled with broad experience in Financial Advisement to business owners, professionals, and other long term investors.
For eighteen years, Kathy was Vice President of Merrill Lynch, Debt and Equity Capital Markets Group in Chicago. She subsequently leveraged her Merrill Lynch experience when she co-founded and was Chairman and CEO of Theatreplex Entertainment Properties, Inc., a private special purpose real estate investment trust (REIT). Investors in the REIT included Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company and high net worth individual investors. Kathy also spent several years as a Client Advisor with CITI Private Bank and JPMorgan Private Wealth Management, and most recently chose to work with an independent registered advisory firm, Mueller Financial Services, Inc. heading up their Chicago office operations.
Kathy’s experience is centered on provision of strategic design and management of financial plans and investment portfolios. Furthermore, Kathy provides an experienced, disciplined, long-term personal planning approach with attention to strategic tax planning. Her priority is delivering a professional service ethic of care and fiduciary standard to clients.
Education & Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- B.A., History, Northern Illinois University
- Series 7 Exam, held through LPL Financial
- Series 63 Exam, held through LPL Financial
- Series 66 Exam, held through IFP Financial and IHT Wealth Management, LLC
Professional, Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Chicago Finance Exchange, Director
- Chicago Finance Exchange, Co- Chair, The Transitions Exchange
- Chicago Crime Commission, Member and Past Director, 2000-2011
- Dominican University, Brennan School of Business, Advisory Council 2004-Present
- Trinity High School, Board Trustee, Development Committee Chairman, 1996-2004