Kathy Hosty has worked for more than 40 years in professional financial services. Kathy’s investment experience is in private and public investment securities and funds, tangible assets, and real estate. During this time, Kathy has advised large institutional investors, corporate executives, business owners, entrepreneurs, and discerning individuals and families.
For eighteen years, Kathy served as Vice President, Institutional Sales in Merrill Lynch’s Debt and Equity Capital Markets Group in Chicago. She subsequently leveraged her Merrill Lynch experience to become co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Theatreplex Entertainment Properties, Inc., a private special purpose real estate investment trust (REIT). Kathy’s co-investors included Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, ORIX Real Estate Equities, Inc. and high net worth investors.
Kathy also worked several years as a Private Banker with The CITI Private Bank in Chicago, and as Client Advisor with JPMorgan Private Wealth Management, Chicago. Most recently, Kathy chose to work as an Independent Advisor Representative with Mueller Financial Services.
Kathy’s experience is centered on the provision of strategic financial advice, the development of personalized financial plans, and on the prudent management of investment portfolios. Having recently been awarded the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation, Kathy adheres to a fiduciary standard and ethic of care with her clients.
Education & Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- CFP® Certification Curriculum, American College of Financial Services
- B.A., History, Northern Illinois University
- Series 7 and 63 Registrations through LPL Financial
- Series 66 Registration held through LPL Financial and IHT Wealth Management
- Licensed to sell Life, Accident and Health Insurance
- Licensed to sell Variable Life Contracts
Professional, Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Chicago Finance Exchange, Member 1981-Present, Director, 2015- Present
- Dominican University, Brennan School of Business Advisory Council, 2004-Present
- Chicago Crime Commission, Member and Past Director, 2000-2011
- Trinity High School of River Forest, Board Trustee, 1996-2004